\

Saturday 7 June 2014

June already

This past month I entered two competitions.  The Tigerprint monthly competition with the theme Kids Character   and Spoonflower's annual Fabric8 competition.

For Tigerprint the brief asked for a birthday card design for an 8-12 year old boy or girl.  It needed to be age appropriate and to appeal to the adults buying the card.  The most important part of this process for me was the research.  I am really new to greetings card design so I really looked into what was about.  I was really surprised of the lack of boys birthday cards for this age group.  Most boys birthday cards were images based upon toys or cartoons.  I also tried out some new techniques and styles.  I think my favourite is the camping.  


The second competition was the Spoonflower & Robert Kaufman competition Fabric8, this is an annual competition for new and emerging designers. The prizes are really cool, with the winner getting a contract to design a fabric collection for Robert Kaufman Fabrics.  This years theme was Cosmic Voyage.  I wanted to go for a mid century modern cats is space feel.  I also think I will be making a dress with this material as I really think the colours will work well.  I am waiting for the swatch to come and then this will be up for sale soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...