\

Monday 28 April 2014

lets make patterns all day, everyday

Week 4 of the pattern design course (ABSPD) has been and gone and it was so much fun.  As you know I love patterns so taking in what I have done in week 1-3 I started making some patterns.  My work to date has been very much unlayered so I found layering quite difficult.  Placing a motif over another and hiding its prettiness seemed wrong, so imagine my surprise when the designs actually looked so much better when layered - seems so obvious now but my designs were really lacking this.  More layering in the future for sure.


We had some really cool and informative tips from the very awesome Marie Perkins, of Print & Pattern fame,  I am such a fan of her blog and try to read it everyday to stay up to date with current trends. We also started to think about describing  our own work.  This was tricky but will get easier as I create a large body of work.

We ended the week with a scarf project themed celebration.  I thought I would try something a bit different so went with a Mardi Gras theme using green, gold and purple as my pallette.  I know the edging is wrong.  Shhh dont tell anyone I'm sure they wont notice.

I also entered a competition run by the lovely ladies at By Hand London.  My design was not shortlisted this time but I am still really proud of it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...