\

Sunday 13 April 2014

This is a late parrot. (update on week 2) *

Photo taken from Design Seeds
Just a quick update on week 2 of ABSPD course.  I have just come back from a lovely relaxing holiday so this is a bit delayed.  Had hoped to post whilst away but found we had no wifi so lots of sketching and photography instead.  Not such a hardship really.

The week was all about sketching.  However instead of still life drawing it was experimenting with paint and other media to produce textures.  They really lift a pattern so I know I will be making plenty more of these in the future.  They were also super quick to do.  Really need to get the sewing machine out and create some textures with that too.

 I was starting to panic about how best to store all these loose pieces of paper but I really shouldn't have worried as we then got to see inside some beautiful sketchbooks and see how other artists use their sketch books.  I always love looking through sketchbooks.

The last part of the week was about finding my style.  The exercises here were really fun and my style was not at all what I was expecting but strangely really accurate too.  I had thought my style was bright and geometric but the majority of the images I love are floral..  There was also some colours that kept appearing and I'm sure that these will not only influence my colour choices for pattern but also my wardrobe.  Already considering getting some coral nail polish and embracing colour - but thats for next week...

* Monty Pythons Parrot Sketch

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...